Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Teacher Web Page

A teacher web page is a web page designed by a classroom teacher for their class. It is a great way to post school and class information. As well as a way to post contact information, just in case a parent needs to get ahold of the teacher. Overall, a teacher web page is another way to communicate with a class when they are not in the classroom.

A teacher web page would be a great tool in Physical Education. I would use a teacher web to communicate with my students parents. I could post the syllabus to the class and all of my contact information: that way the parents know the entire schedule for the year and how to contact me. Another way I want to use a teacher web page is to post pictures and videos of the students in class. I think parents will love this.

The Pros of a teacher web page our easy. It allows teachers to communicate with their class and the parents of the class without being face to face with them. Is a great way for absent students to know what they have missed and it also can be a great platform to post web links on. The cons are that if a student does not have a computer or the internet he or she cannot access the teacher web page. Another con is that if the teacher web page goes down the teacher most has a good back up plan, if their lesson requires it.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that teacher web pages are great communication tools for teachers, students, and parents. I like your idea of posting pictures and videos of your students in class. Do be sure, though, that you're following the district's rules for posting student photos and video.

    ReplyDelete