Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ethics


Computer ethics relates to the ethical values that should guide the computer professionals in their conduct.  Or, one could say it is the right and wrongs to using a computer and its related technologies.  A few examples of computer ethics are one should never use a computer to lie, steal, or harm
In a physical education setting I will teach computer ethics in a few different ways.  First is, I will always practice what I preach and use the proper copyrights when using a computer.  Another way I will teach ethics is by having the students do online reports and force the students to provide the correct copyright statements.
There are many pros to being ethical.  One it is legal and two it is the correct thing to do.  Everyone should treat others as they would like to be treated.  The only cons to be ethical is it will take one more time to find pictures and videos that do not have any copyright laws.

1 comment:

  1. And the best way to teach folks about ethics--in my humble opinion--is to casually discuss why you do what you do as you model ethical behavior.

    ReplyDelete